This smoothie will change the way you think about Dandelion Greens! This smoothie has a tropical twist that will make you even forget you are drinking dandelion greens. I was at Bosu class (Pilates) and I was getting really hungry by the end of class so I started dreaming of a smoothies (ya, I know, only in Crystal-land!) I remembered I had dandelion greens in the fridge from my juice cleanse and a ton of fruit so I thought this would be perfect!
If you read my last post which explains the health benefits of dandelion greens this is a refresher for you:
Eight reasons to add Dandelion greens to your diet:
- Helps fight cancer
- Boosts immunity
- Builds bones, teeth and blood
- Stimulates production of bile enabling better function of the liver
- cleanse the gallbladder
- Key minerals include: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, copper and manganese
- Key vitamins include: vitamin C, vitamin B, and vitamin E
- Phytochemicals include: beta-carotene and chlorophyll
This recipe is a great way to add all the benefits of dandelion greens to your diet. I did not add any sweetener to this recipe because there is plenty enough sweet from the pineapple and banana but you are welcome to 🙂 I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did, have an awesome day!!
Tropical Dandelion Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 d'anjou pear
- 1 small handful of dandelion greens
- 1 cup of almond milk
- shredded coconut
- Blend all ingredients except the shredded coconut in the blender until smooth.
- Garnish with shredded coconut.