Christmas is only two weeks away and I’m sure lots of you are baking Christmas goodies! I’ve been thinking of some Christmas dessert recipes for you and came up with this super easy nut-free, plant-based, raw, vegan snack.
These delights are packed full of Christmas flavors – orange, ginger and nutmeg in a base of coconut and goji berries.
Goji berries are a great alternative to dates as they are very nutritious and packed full of antioxidants. These are just some of the health benefits of goji berries:
- High in vitamin A, Copper, Selenium, Riboflavin, Iron and Vitamin C
- High oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) score of 3,290
- Improves energy levels, exercise performance and overall feelings of well-being
- High in fiber
- Boosts immune system
These delights are completely nut-free and and only take 30 minutes to prepare and done right away.
Make them for snacks, appetizers, desserts and bring them to your next Christmas event, everyone will love them.
Goji Orange Coconut Delights
- Food Processor
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut (medium shred) blended into a flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut (medium shred)
- 1/4 cup lakanto or xylitol or erythritol, powdered in a blender
- 2 tbsp golden flax seed, ground
- 1 tsp beet powder, optional for color
- 1/8 tsp high mineral salt
- 1/2 cup goji berries, soaked for 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 8 drops vanilla medicine flower extract
- 3 drops liquid stevia, alcohol free
- Blend 3/4 cups desiccated coconut in a high speed blender to form a flour.
- Add blended coconut and all dry ingredients in a food processor and process with an S blade until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until batter reaches a dough consistency.
- Place extra medium shred desiccated coconut in a blender and pulse until broken down but not a flour. This will be to roll the bites in.
- Place batter in a medium sized-bowl, roll into balls and cover in white medium shred coconut.
- Set in fridge for half hour.
- Storage: Sealed container in fridge for 1 week.